How to Dye Happily
For the best possible results, be sure to read these tips.
True Color Tips
- Items to be dyed must be clean
- Remove or secure loose or unstable buttons, shoulder pads or decorations
- It's easier to go from light colors to dark colors
- Dye works best on cotton, linen, ramie, hemp, bemberg, rayon/viscose, silk and tencel
- Polyester/Cotton blends produce a heather effect
- Polyester thread retains its original color
- Renewing a color means enhancing its original shade
- Covering means to cover stains, fading and bleach spots
- Be aware that items go through a HOT water wash and a HOT dryer process
- Fiber content, condition, prior care of fabric can affect results
- Buttons may or may not take the dye
- All of our colors are color fast, but it is still wise to...
- Launder dyed items separately
- Renew your decor with color; coordinate slipcovers, sheets, pillow cases, duvet covers, bed canopy, bed skirt, throw rugs and curtains for a fresh, fab, new look!
- Let us dye your old bathrobe a wild color; then wear it to the beach!
- Dye Gramma's old Sunday damask linens to make dramatic table tops, pillows or personal fashions!
- Towels and washclothes dye beautifully!
- Rejuvenate futon and chair covers!
- Dye your canvas sneakers, cloth hat and scarf to match and look new again!
- Dye sweatpants, sweatshirt, leotard, leggings, hairband and sox to match your dance/yoga/exercise togs for a total look!